WARNING: Li-ion battery
The Battery POWAH board ships with a 2000mAh Li-Ion battery. Lithium-ion cells and battery packs may get hot, explode or ignite and cause serious injury if exposed to abusive conditions. Be sure to follow the safety warnings listed below:
- Do not short the battery — i.e. do not connect the positive terminal and negative terminal of the battery to each other with any metal object (such as wire).
- Do not allow other Partnerboards to short the battery. Read about the jumper configurations and the Wall POWAH board layout.
- Do not carry or store the battery together (in any configuration) with necklaces, hairpins or other metal objects.
- Do not pierce the battery with nails, strike the battery with a hammer, step on the battery, or otherwise subject it to strong impacts or shocks.
- Do not expose battery to water or salt water, or allow the battery to get wet.
If you are unable or unwilling to follow these instructions, please return the battery immediately to OpenBrite. Email us at or call us at to arrange an RMA.
- This battery module is not for use by small children. Please ensure proper supervision of kids by an adult at all times.
- Remember to shut off the battery when not in use.
- Do not place the battery in or near fire, on stoves, or around other high-temperature locations. Do not place the battery in direct sunlight, or use or store the battery inside cars in hot weather. Doing so may cause the battery to generate heat, explode or ignite. Using the battery in this manner may also result in a loss of performance and a shortened life expectancy.
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery. The battery contains safety and protection devices which, if damaged, may cause the battery to generate heat, explode, or ignite.
- Do not leave unattended while charging.
- Immediately discontinue use of the battery if, while using, charging or storing the battery, the battery emits an unusual smell, feels hot, changes color or shape, or appears abnormal in any other way. Contact OpenBrite if this occurs.
- Do not place the battery in microwave ovens, high-pressure containers, or on induction cookware.
- In the event the battery leaks and the fluid gets into one’s eye, do not rub the eye. Rinse well with water and immediately seek medical care. If left untreated, the battery fluid could cause damage to the eye.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. These warnings have been adapted from “WARNING: LI-ION BATTERY” and are (C) 2011-2015 littleBits Electronics, Inc. The original text is licensed under the same terms.